The world of dating can be quite confusing. Thankfully, we have the world of cinema to guide us through everything in our lives – love and other wild animals included. So I’ve taken the liberty to collate a list of some super special dating lessons we can learn from films.
1. “First Dates Are Interviews”I’m sorry to break this to you, but it’s true. Your first dates are interviews, so you have to keep your best foot forward and hope for the best.
2. “Pyaar Dosti Hai”Okay. Let’s not get scared by the big l-word (or the p-word in this scenario), but nothing can really go forward if you don’t get along as friends.
3. “That’s why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they’d call ’em something else.”What a line, right? But the lesson to learn here is that there’s bound to be bad dates and some disappointment, but that’s all part of the game. Chale chalo!
4. “Kabhi toh pehli mulaqat hi kaafi hoti hai … aur kabhi bahut si mulaqatein lag jaati hai”The point here is not that you keep giving the other person one million chances even after they’ve screwed up that many times, but do keep an open mind. Not everyone is lucky to have sparks the first time they meet, you know?
5. “You ask them questions, and listen to what they have to say and shit.”It really is that simple – you just have to listen. Communication is key for a good dating experience, you shouldn’t need American Pie to tell you that.
6. “Tu right nahin hai, bas mujhse alag hai”Acknowledge and respect the fact that everyone is not the same. Can you imagine how boring everything would be in that scenario? You not agreeing with someone, doesn’t make them right or wrong – just different 🙂
7. “No woman wakes up saying, ‘God, I hope I don’t get swept off my feet today!”Haha I love this one! When Will Smith belts out dating tips to you, you take it!
8. “Main apni favourite hoon”Self love all the way, ladies and gentlemen!
9. “It’s very easy to confuse physical attraction with a real connection.”And the confusion happens to everyone! Just take your time to figure out what you’re feeling and know that you’re allowed to feel anything at all.
Happy dating! 🙂
Ladies, meet interesting peeps on TrulyMadly and UnSingle! #BoyBrowse on Android, iOS and Windows now!
This post is written by Priyam Saha for MissMalini. Follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
Malini Agarwal is Founder of MissMalini Publishing, a leading new media network that creates high-value, multi-platform content geared towards India’s Internet Generation. Malini pioneered Indian lifestyle blogging with MissMalini.com, today’s go-to digital destination for all things Bollywood, Fashion and Lifestyle. With over 15 years of experience in the media sector, Malini Agarwal has previously played the roles of professional backup dancer, emcee, RJ (radio jockey), head of digital content at MTV and Channel [v], and Founder & Chief Instigator of Friday Club.