Avani is Truly Madly’s #DateDoctor and founder of LoveDoctor.in where she and other professional counselors connect to answer questions about relationships, love and sexual health.
Are you a guy looking to meet girls and you have no idea how to do it? Don’t fear, your #DateDoctor is here to help you with some tips and tricks to make meeting that cutie a lot easier.
Remember that the best way to be successful is to be approachable, humble, and a NICE guy! Your confidence will speak volumes and that cutie will be talking to you in no time.
Here’s where to find the next girl of your dreams:
Get out into the world!
You can’t always meet people hiding behind your phone screen. The best way to connect is to meet people in the here and now.
- I have one saying when I coach men for meeting women – You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take! So the next time you meet someone, introduce yourself and strike up a conversation.
- Find out where single women hang out! Is it restaurants, bars and clubs? Are they hanging in parks and gardens, at cultural events and exhibitions? Put yourself around new people so that you have a greater chance of colliding with a like-minded lady.
- That cutie you have your eye on could be doing certain activities like sports or painting classes, or learning a new skill like photography or historical city walks. Join up and meet them in a safe setting where you’ll get plenty of chances to talk about the surroundings and what you are learning.
- Speed dating events are getting more popular – these are where you can meet a lot of new women all at once in mini “dates” and then you can see who liked you! Try this new type way of meeting people for a new experience.
- Social events like weddings, birthday parties, festivals, and even religious events are also a way to be around many new people. Try to take a twist on the old routine and keep and eye out for a special someone that you can have a conversation with at these events.
- Look around you! People you can connect to are EVERYWHERE – and we live in a country with 1 billion people, so women you can talk to and connect with could be standing next to you right now on the bus, metro, train, queue at a store, or anywhere.
Get online or on an app (but don’t be creepy)
- Remember looks are important but to truly be compatible you have to go beyond the physical and look at other areas.
- Try to meet in person and stay away from SMSing/Whatsapping too long so that you can see if you are a match – but make sure she is comfortable. Let her know you want to meet up but that you will wait until she is absolutely comfortable with you – this will build trust
- Avoid contacting random girls on social media sites and WhatsApp – although you may think that is a good way to meet unknown people, that usually comes off creepy and girls gets many messages like this every day! Be original.
Ask your friends
Friends may know of people open to dating or making new friends, and they can help introduce you. Most people meet through friends, so don’t overlook this as an option!
- Have your friends organize a party or outing at which you can meet new people.
- Be sure to ask your friend(s) about why he or she thinks this woman might be compatible with you. It will help you to come up with topics of conversation before you meet.
Look at work or university
It’s likely they will have a lot in common with you as you work in a similar field, and you are spending most of the day at work anyway, so you can use the opportunity and the proximity to say “hi.”
- Keep personal communications personal, and don’t use company property to woo her. Don’t use the workplace email to send her love notes. Use your personal email addresses or speak to her directly instead.
As the #DateDoctor I tell lots of guys that “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” so get out there into the world and go meet that cute girl! Even if she’s not into you, at least you tried!
I hope these tips help you find your next crush – stay tuned for more tips from the #DateDoctor and let us know what types of tips you want to see. Remember, you can message me through the TrulyMadly Facebook page for any questions you have about dating!
UnSingle with TrulyMadly! Download now on Android, iOS and Windows.